Make Your Own: Herbal Product Series
Take better care of yourself by learning to make basic, at-home, organic herbal products.
This program shows you how easy it is to create everything you need in your home. The power is in your hands to make the best decisions for your wellness! The more aware you are about what goes on and in your body and environment, the more exciting it is to learn how a few simple ingredients can be converted into all the products you need in your daily routine.
In this Make Your Own Class Series, Amanda Furbee and co-teacher Ann Meyer will go over:
- Learn how to infuse oils as a basic foundation for salves, lip balms and body oils used for massage and skin care.
- Dive into the decadent world of herb-infused syrups, honeys & elixirs.
- Learn how to make your own cleaning supplies and smoke wands as an energetic tool for clearing your space at home.
- Indulge in natural skin & hair care
- Understand the basics of tinctures, extracts, cocktail infusions and herbal bitters.
- Learn how fermentation can be a fun, delicious, yet simple addition to a good gut health regime.
- Introduce the basics of essential oils, including the pros and cons and understanding their strength and power in your products.
- Review the fundamentals of “food as medicine” by creating yummy herbal balls, candies, nettle/dandelion pesto and jams.
Over the course of four months in THS’s Make Your Own Program, you will gain the knowledge to become empowered in making these products yourself at home.
**I allow one intern for the full course. If you are interested in being an intern for this course, please send your letter of interest to Info@theherbshoppepharmacy.com
Next class series begins 2022.
2021 Class Series Dates: 6-8pm ($50 for individual class not part of series)
- Sep. 1st-Botanical Bartending- Bitters, Honey, Alcohol Infusions, Oxymels, Syrups, Cordials, Elixirs
- Sep. 15th-Infused Oils/Salves/Lipbalms/Candles/body oils/Shaving Cream
- Sep. 29th-Cleaning supplies/Smudges
- Oct. 13th-Skin Care/Bath Salts/Deodorants/Shampoo’s
- Oct 27th-Tinctures/Extracts/Glycerite
- Nov. 10th-Kombucha/Fire Cider/ Kefir water
- Nov. 24th-Hydrosol's/Perfume Blends/Essential Oils
- Dec. 8th-Herbal Energy Balls/Candies/Nettle Pesto
- Dec. 15th-Cold Press Soaps
-Products made in class are available for pick up in person or shipping additional $10.50 per class. *US shipping only.
*Dates are subject to change
To get signed up for an Individual Classes go to our events calendar and follow the link to Afton:
Fall Session is being offered online ONLY! Get Signed up today!
*No refunds on class series