Summer, summer, summertime! When the living is easy…I think Sublime was onto something with this famous line. To me, summertime has always had a bit more of a chill vibe, but it’s also my favorite time of year to get outside and explore. Listen to some live music. Soak up all the nature and sunshine and create great memories with friends and family. Here in the PNW, we are blessed to be surrounded by the beach, the forest, and the desert. I try to squeeze in a little of everything each summer. What are your favorite things to do in the summer?
Most importantly, get out there and have some fun!
Here are my Summertime Fun-Time Tips:
- Stay Hydrated & Cool: Most places are much warmer this time of year in the Northern Hemisphere. Make sure you are drinking half your weight in ounces of water a day, or as recommended by your doctor. Add some electrolytes to your water, or try drinking some cooling summertime teas. Check out our Monthly specials for some great tea specials.
- Get Outside & Explore: Ohh, yea! Go outside and get some sunshine. There is so much to explore. Check out all the plants, flowers and rocks around you. No matter where you are, I bet there is something that is beautiful in nature right in your backyard.
- Soak Up Sunshine: Get your Vitamin D from the sun. It's so easy to absorb this time of year. I have always been taught to spend 15 minutes a day in the sunshine. Soak it up! But, don’t forget your sunscreen. It's super easy to be loving the sun and forget that our skin is not quite used to that much exposure. So lather up on your favorite sunscreen. There are lots of great options now for eco-friendly sunscreens, so check out your options. Here is a list of eco-friendly sunscreen options: https://ecowarriorprincess.net/2019/03/11-eco-friendly-ocean-friendly-coral-reef-safe-sunscreens/
- Hang with your favorite folks: Sometimes, just hanging in the backyard with the sprinkler and/or making a nighttime fire is all you need. Invite the ones your love and enjoy the warm weather together. In Oregon, the sun is out until almost 10pm this time of year, so there is lots of extra time to make those special summer memories.
- Appreciate the plant abundance: Everywhere you look, there are plants coming up. Check out your local flowers and plants that are native to your area. I bet you will be surprised at all the medicine, food and foliage that surrounds you. We are so lucky for such. abundance!