Is your nose already starting to get that itchy little tingle? With Spring right around the corner, it's time to chat about what to do to help with those seasonal allergies.
Itchy eyes, runny or stuffy nose, scratchy throat, ugh! Anyone who suffers from spring allergies can relate to the mixed bag of feelings you get when the flowers and trees start to bud. If you are anything like me, the first thing I do is stick my nose in all the beautiful flowers to smell. As much as we all love Spring, it's also a rough time for those who struggle with allergies. This month, we are going to talk about ways to help cope with allergies so you can enjoy those beautiful little buds a bit more.
Here are some of my thoughts on how to manage allergies:
- Detox! This is a great time of year to flush the system of everything from winter. There are many ways to detox. Some of my favorites are to do the anti-inflammatory diet and use our 14 Day Fresh Start Detox kit to support the liver, lymphatic system and kidneys.
- Lymphatic movement and massage. Move the lymph around. Using a gua-sha tool is an excellent method for bringing movement to the body. Just getting the body going will really help to flush out the toxins of winter. Talk with your massage therapist about some great massage techniques you can do at home. Also, here is a great video for lymphatic massage: https://youtu.be/xXnEEuRsnqo
- Eat your greens. Yes, that's right! Start introducing more fresh greens into your diet and that will help to flush the body and the lymphatic system. Watch for those lovely little nettles, dandelions and chickweed starting to pop up. These are the best greens to add to your diet. This is my favorite time of year to make a big batch of fresh greens sipping vinegar to add to your food and drinks. Check out our monthly mocktail for a recipe on how to make this.
- Local bee pollen and honey. It doesn’t take much convincing to add honey or bee pollen to your daily rituals. They are so delicious! Add raw, unpasteurized local honey to help you combat seasonal spring allergies. Start with 1 teaspoon to your day.
- Movement. Get your body moving! It can be as simple as a little walk around your neighborhood, some gentle yoga at home or some Tai-chi. Whatever your movement of choice may be, it's perfect. Just get that body moving to flush out the body in preparation for spring.
- Change your air filters! Go ahead and grab some fresh filters and swap them out in Spring to help prevent the pollen from entering your home that causes those pesky allergies.
I hope you enjoy these simple tips to make your allergy season a little bit easier this year.
Stop by and see us to view our complete line of THS Products, create your own custom blend in our blending bar or set up a consultation with me to dive deeper into your emotional and energetic world. To set up an herbal consultation with me, email: email@example.com