Welcome 2017! What are your New Years Resolutions? Will you be trying to stay in a better work out routine, or perhaps have more concrete eating habits? How about tackling the structure of your finances and building stability? Maybe you want to practice relaxing regularly? Whatever your goals may be, at THS we are here to help you emotionally, physically and soulfully find that balance. Every year I have a tradition of writing out all of my goals. I do it based on my age. This year I will have 36 new challenges! I place them in a spot that I see them regularly (for example in the bathroom, on the mirror, or on the fridge). These goals can be teeny and minuscule or grandiose lifestyle changes. They may be something as simple as, "pick my shoes up instead of leaving them in the living room," or as exhilarating as climbing Mt. St. Helens! I have found that these goals help me to continually grow to be the person I choose to be. They help me accomplish my dreams! I encourage you to do the same. It is so great to come back to this list every year and see how I grew as an individual! You can do it! Here are a few tips I use to stay inline with my New Beginnings:
- I know it’s not easy to rest, (Trust me I am the worst at this) however it is important! Our bodies use this time to heal, recharge and create new beginnings. Need some help in this department? I suggest trying our NEW line of Bath Salts or Meditating with (Amanda Frankel’s Guided Meditation on Jan 17th at 7PM )
- Knowing your body’s is functioning at its best momentum will help you to maintain an actively balanced life. There are lots of options out there for detoxing. One of my favorites is the anti-inflammtory diet or Dr. Ose’s “Gentle Winter Detox”. Find out what your body likes!
- Nourish Yourself! Put good things in your body. Restore balance. Take your Adaptogens! Try this Yummy NEW (Adaptogen Tea or Tincture Blend). In fact, want to nourish yourself all year long with The Herb Shoppe? Join our NEW Tea Blend of the Month Membership and always have your tea sent right to you!
- Energize! What kind of exercise works for you? Man I am all over the place with this one. The one common denominator that I have found is that I Love to be outside! Whether its hiking, biking, walking or dancing, my body enjoys begin active outdoors. I suggest asking yourself the same question? What does your mind and body need most? Staying active keeps you at your best! It also allows your body to release unnecessary stress that may have built up.
- Try something New! Feeling kind of bored with your routine? Find a fun new hobby, take a class? If Do-it-yourself projects are your thing check out or Spring Class pass!