Make your Own: Smoked Pork with Fire Cider
If you love pulled pork, you will love this smoked pork shoulder with our delicious Immune Boosting Fire Elixir blend.
Our fire cider, named Fire Elixir, combines apple cider vinegar with spicy chiles, bright citrus, rich aromatics, and medicinal herbs used historically for preventative health.
People have long used fire cider for digestive maintenance, immunity boosting, allergy support, and as a spirit lifter! Great taken as a shot for a regenerative boost, or as an addition to soups, salads, and more!
You can take this same conceptual recipe and use it for any meat on your smoker, or if you do not have a smoker, try it in the oven for a yummy and tasty dish.
Here’s what you will need:
- 8lb. Pork Shoulder with bone in
- Olive oil
- Dry rub of choice (try our Chicory Cacao Blend Blackening Rub)
- ¾ cup of THS Fire Elixir
- 1-2 tablespoons of spicy mustard
- 3-4 tablespoons of honey
To Make Your Own: Smoked Pork with Fire Cider
- Get your smoke up to a temperature of 250. I enjoy a blend of wood chips for pork.
- Fill an 8x8 pan with water.
- Next, we are going to add the rub to the pork shoulder. Start by rubbing olive oil all over. Then take the rub and completely coat it with a nice crust of the rub of choice.
- Take your pan of water and add it to the smoker on one side.
- Then add your pork to the other side of the smoker.
- Go ahead and get your spritzer bottle mixed together with the Fire Elixir and honey. If you don’t have a spray bottle, you can brush this mix on as well.
- Every hour, for the first 4 hours, you are going to spray or brush down the pork with your liquid blend.
- After the 1st 4 hours, you will give the pork one last good soak from the liquid mix, take and wrap up the pork in foil and place back in the smoker for another 4 hours.
- You want the internal temperature to be right around 200 degrees. Use a meat thermometer to test this out.
- Let rest or about 30 minutes and enjoy!
Learning to make your own herbal products is a fun evolution to bringing balance to your life. On your person and in your home. We understand that not everyone likes to make his or her own products.
We take great pleasure in creating products and recipes for you. However, if you are interested in going more in-depth to make all your own herbal products we will be offering our Make Your Own Product Series as a recorded class in the future.To set up an herbal consultation with me email: email@example.com
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published