One of the best ways to add a little sweetness in your life is with honey! The best part is that you can infuse herbs into your honey for a delicious surprise. Check out my blog here on how to infuse honey with herbs.
For this recipe on Lemon Lavender Honey bars, it’s a classic recipe with a twist to make it Paleo and Gluten Free. I’m of the mind set that we can still enjoy yummy treats on occasion and stay with in the dietary guidelines that keep us feeling well. After all, food is medicine!
Let's dive into how to make your very own Lemon Lavender Honey Bars!
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 2 Tablespoons Lavender
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup and 1/3 cup Lavender Infused Honey (Learn to Make Your Own: Herbal Infused Honey here!)
- 3/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 ¼ Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup and 3 Tablespoons Arrowroot powder
- 1 Cup Paleo Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 8x8 or 9x9 square pan
To Make Your Own: Lemon Lavender Honey Bars
- Collect all your ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease your pan with coconut oil.
- Mix up your oil/butter with a little of the herbal infused honey.
- Add all dry ingredients together almond flour (1 ¼ cup), arrowroot powder (1/2 cup) and salt (1/4 tsp). Mix until everything is combined evenly with the oil/butter and honey blend.
- Pour into your pan evenly and press in to make a nice crust.
- Cook in your over after it’s preheated for approximately 12-15 min. It should have a nice slightly golden brown look to it.
- Let it cool on the side.
- Turn the oven down slightly to 325 degree’s.
- Whisk the eggs, yolk, lemon juice and the rest of the herbal infused honey (approx. 1/3 cups).
- Add the 3 Tablespoons arrowroot powder to the liquid blend. Make sure everything is blended nice and even.
- Add liquid mixture to the almond flour crust.
- Bake for another 30 minutes. The mixture should be pretty solid with a little jiggle.
- Add the Paleo Powdered Sugar and sprinkle a few lavender buds on top. (This is optional)
- Let cool in the refrigerator for a few hours. Cut up into squares and eat up.
Learning to make your own herbal products is a fun evolution to bringing balance to your life. On your person and in your home. We understand that not everyone likes to make his or her own products.
We understand that not everyone likes to make their own products. We take great pleasure in creating products and recipes for you. However, learning to make your own herbal products is a fun evolution to bringing balance to your life. On your person and in your home. If you are interested in going more in depth to make all your own herbal products, get signed up for THS Make Your Own: Herbal Product Series, beginning in September 2020. In this 4-month, hands-on program we will dive into making an assortment of products for your hair, skin, body and home. Space is limited. Secure your spot today!
To set up an herbal consultation with me email: email@example.com