The heat wave of the PNW has taken us all by surprise! We have been breaking records everyday this past month. I never thought I would see 115 degrees here in Oregon, but here we are. Luckily for us there are many foods and plants that have natural hydrating and cooling properties to help you beat the heat.
Lemonade is one of my favorite to help keep you cool. Unlike other citrus, lemon has a cooling effect on the body. In collaboration with soothing lavender and rose, this mocktail is going to be your favorite summer blend to keep you cool and mellow! I topped it off with our yummy Floral Sipping Vinegar to bind together the flavor of summer in this mocktail.
Feel your heart soften with every sip with our Floral Sipping Vinegar. Damiana and Rose come together to provide a loving, sensual blend. These herbs are paired with Jasmine and Lavender for a calming softness. Hibiscus and Cardamom provide sweetness and spice. This aphrodisiac sipping vinegar can be sipped on its own, added to soda water or your favorite cocktail.
Let softness and love in this summer with this Lavender Rose Lemonade.
Here’s what you will need to make this mocktail:
- 6 cups of water
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 Tbsp of lavender and rose dried or fresh (equal parts)
- 2 cups lemon juice
- Garnish with lemon slices and lavender
- THS Floral Sipping Vinegar
To Make Your Own: Lavender Rose Lemonade
- To get started you are going to make a Lavender Rose Simple syrup.
- Add 2 cups of water and the coconut sugar. Bring to a boil and stir until all the sugar is dissolved. Then turn down to a low heat.
- Add the dried or fresh lavender and rose flowers to the water/ sugar blend. Pour the honey into the mix and stir till it is all dissolved.
- Let it steep for about 2 hours. Strain out the lavender and rose flowers.
- Mix together all the lavender rose syrup with the lemon juice and remainder of the water. Stir or shake until everything is blended. *You may want to add bubbly water to the mix instead of regular water for a little fizzy.
- Pour into individual glasses and add 2-4 droppersful of our Floral Sipping Vinegar.
- Garnish with a lemon slices and lavender flowers.
We take great pleasure in creating products and recipes for you. However, if you are interested in going more in depth to make all your own herbal products get signed up for THS Make Your Own: Herbal Product Series, beginning in Fall 2021. In this 4 month, hands-on program we will dive into making an assortment of products for your hair, skin, body and home. Take $100 off the cost of attendance with code 'MYO2021' Space is limited. Secure your spot today!
To set up an herbal consultation with me email: email@example.com