If you have never made a cup of Butterfly Pea Flower tea, you will be amazed at the beautiful blue it turns. It's like a magic trick in a cup. Butterfly Pea Flower is such a delicate design of a flower, is rich in antioxidants, and its flavor is citrusy, which perfectly compliments the relaxing Lavender and refreshing lemonade in this spring mocktail.
In this recipe, you will learn one way to make an herbal simple syrup with Lavender and Butterfly Pea Flower. See below for the recipe. I encourage you to play with all kinds of herbs and spices to craft up some delicious herbal simple syrups!
Surprise all your guests with this lovely and magical mocktail.
For each drink, you will need:
- 4oz Lemonade
- 2oz Lavender & Butterfly Pea Flower Syrup
- 1.5oz seltzer/sparkling water
- Lavender sprig and/or citrus slice to garnish
For the Lavender & Butterfly Pea Flower Syrup:
- 3 Tablespoons of dried Lavender
- 1 Tablespoon of Butterfly Pea Flower
- 3 cups of water
- 3 cups of sugar
To Make Your Own: Lavender/Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Mocktail
- First, you'll want to make your Lavender & Butterfly Pea Flower Syrup. Place the Lavender, Butterfly Pea Flower, water, and sugar into a pot on the stove. (I prefer coconut sugar, but you can experiment with your sweeteners.)
- Bring to a boil and dissolve all sugars. Approximately 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and steep for 30 minutes. Then strain out all your herbs. Store your herbal syrup in the refrigerator to keep fresh.
- After the syrup cools, add 2 oz of the syrup, lemonade, and ice to a shaker and shake it up! (And watch for the color change as you add acidic lemonade to the syrup!)
- Pour into a glass and top with your sparkling water.
- Garnish with a few lavender sprigs and citrus slices.
We take great pleasure in creating products and recipes for you. However, if you are interested in going more in depth to make all your own herbal products get signed up for THS Make Your Own: Herbal Product Series. In this hands-on program, we will dive into making an assortment of products for your hair, skin, body, and home. Stay tuned for details for getting signed up! To set up an herbal consultation with me email: email@example.com
Additionally, in July 2022, Amanda Furbee will be teaching an assortment of crafting classes at The Good Medicine Confluence. Join us with a variety of herbal teachers in Durango, CO!