Make Your Own: Immune Boosting Thai Coconut Soup
Our Immune Boosting Soup Blend is perfect for the cold season, and anytime to help ward off infections and viruses! Dropped into a pot of soup for a powerful immune boosting kick, our blend is another way to build up the immune system this season. Our Immune Boosting Soup Blend is packed with antimicrobial herbs like Sage and Thyme, antivirals like Reishi Mushroom, and anti-inflammatory plants like Turmeric and Cayenne. Astragalus Root is added as a defense against unwanted infection and illness. Grab a small muslin bag and drop it into your soup for a powerful immunity boost to your next meal! Have you ever had the delicious and well-known Thai soup, Tom Kha? This recipe was inspired by the tangy and savory flavors of that traditional dish. This Immune Boosting Thai Coconut soup is one of my favorite soups to make all year round, but especially during cold and flu season. Just a simple reminder that food is medicine. What we put into our bodies is what we get out of them. Watch me live on KGW8 in January to learn how to make this soup! Here’s what you will need:
- 1 lb of Chicken or Tofu
- 10-15 Baby Carrots
- 2-3 Celery Sticks
- 1 pack of Sliced Mushrooms
- 2-5 Thai Basil Leaves
- 4-6 Garlic cloves
- 1 Red Onion or Green Onions
- 1-2 Tablespoons Chili Flakes (to you spice preference)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2-4 Tablespoons of Coconut Amino's
- 1-3 Tablespoons of Hoisin Sauce
- 1-2 Can of Coconut Milk
- Ghee or Coconut Oil (1-2 Tablespoons)
- 16-32 oz THS Immune Boosting Broth-See recipe below!
- Gather 2-3 Tablespoons of THS Immune Boosting Soup Blend. Place in a muslin bag.
- Add to 32 oz of water. Bring to a boil for a few minutes. Then let it simmer for approximately 20-45 min.
- Pull off burner and let cool. Then remove your muslin bag and use as needed for broth in recipes.
- Label and keep in the refrigerator.
- Chop up your Onions and Garlic and brown in a sauté pan with the ghee or coconut oil.
- Add Mushrooms until soft.
- In a stock pot, add THS Immune Boosting Broth and 1 can of coconut milk.
- Add Chicken and bring to a boil for about 15-20 min. Just until the chicken is cooked. You can go ahead and cut up your Chicken or Tofu before adding to the pot. For Tofu - Wait till the end and then add to the soup when it is about 2-5 minutes or until soft.
- Chop up Carrots and Celery, and add to the soup blend.
- Mix the Thai Basil Leaves with the Onion, Garlic and Mushrooms and place into the stock pot.
- Add Thai Basil Leaves, Chili spice, Vinegar, Coconut Amino's and Hoisin Sauce to the pot.
- Let simmer with the lid on for 20-30 min or until the veggies are soft, Let cool and enjoy.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published