Another delicious way to boost your immune system is with natural and tasty herbal candies. You can swap out the herbs to make any herbal candy. This is a great project to do in advance and have on hand for when you or your little ones are feeling under the weather during the school season.
Here’s what you will need:
- 4 cups of Berry Boost Kid's Tea Blend
- 8 cups of water (You can do 4 cups for a 1:2 Ratio)
- 1 1/2 cup Honey (per cup of tea)
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar (per cup of tea)
- Large pot
- Jelly roll pan or candy molds
- Parchment paper
- Candy thermometer
- Powdered cinnamon and powdered ginger
To Make Your Own: Herbal Immune Boosting Candies
- Boil the Berry Boost Kid's Tea Blend in water. Then simmer it for 8-10 minutes. Put off the heat and then place a lid on it. Let it Steep for 1 hour. Strain after 1 hour.
- Now take a large pot and pour this infusion in it. Combine 1 and ½ cup of honey and ¼ tsp of cream of tartar for each cup of tea.
Boil this mixture till it reaches 250-300 degrees. You can adjust the hardness, by adjusting the temperature. Check your candy thermometer for desired consistency. Check the temperature with candy thermometer.
- *This is a very quick and hot process. Make sure your thermometer is taller than your pot. The liquid will boil and grow. I used an 8Qt stainless steel pan.
- You want to continually stir this and not leave it for one moment. If you have heat protected cooking mitten's please use them.
- The moment it gets to your desired temperature, pull it off the heat and use a heat resistant measuring cup. (I prefer rubber ones that are flexible for pouring.)
- Before you start mixing your herbal candy blend, prepare your mold or jelly roll pan. I like to sprinkle cinnamon, ginger and orange peel into the molds so they are ready to go once your blend is at the correct temperature. Take your candy molds and pour the mixture in any of these molds.
- Place it in the refrigerator or freezer for a few hours. Then pop them out of the molds and store them in an air tight container.
To Use: Take when feeling under the weather.
Learning to make your own herbal products is a fun evolution to bringing balance to your life. On your person and in your home. We understand that not everyone likes to make his or her own products. Check out a short clip on how to make these delicious Herbal Immune Boosting Candies on August 16th on Portland Today and KGW8.
We take great pleasure in creating products and recipes for you. However, if you are interested in going more in depth to make all your own herbal products get signed up for THS Make Your Own: Herbal Product Series, Beginning in August 2018. In this 4 month, hand-on, program we will dive into making an assortment of products for your hair, skin, body and home. Space is limited. Secure your spot today!
To set up an herbal consultation with me email: firstname.lastname@example.org