Make your Own: Crab or Veggie Cakes with Balancing Chaste Berry Blend
These delicious crab cakes are gluten-free and dairy-free. You can also make these vegetarian by using a blend of carrots, kale, garlic, and broccoli instead of crab. I would chop them down to a small cut and add them to the rest of the mix.
Chaste berries shine in this peppery all-purpose Balancing Chaste Berry culinary blend designed to bring a sense of balance when you need it most. Chaste berries have been widely used to help support hormones and reduce common symptoms associated with hormone imbalance. Combined with mineral-rich nettle, zesty pink peppercorns, ginger, and lemongrass, this blend adds a ton of flavor without a spec of salt!
However you decide to make these yummy savory cakes, your taste buds and gut health will be saying THANK YOU!
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs Balancing Chaste Berry Blend
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- Salt to taste (start with approximately ¼ tsp.)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. fresh parsley, if dried double
- 3/4 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 lb. lump crab meat
- 2 Tbs. ghee or non-dairy butter
- Baking sheet and cooking spray
To make your savory cakes:
- Whisk together egg, mayo, Dijon, Worcestershire, spices, salt, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, parsley, and crab or veggie blend. For crab, it's best to fold it in with a spatula to not break up the crab.
- Cover and keep in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray your baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Grab a ½ cup measuring cup and scoop out the mixture onto the baking sheet. You can use your hands to make it into a good shape. Don’t flatten. Makes about 6 cakes.
- Gently brush the ghee or non-dairy butter on top of the cakes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Eat up!!
If you are interested in going more in-depth to make all your own herbal products, we will be offering our Make Your Own Product Series as a recorded class in the future.
To set up an herbal consultation with me email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published