The Hot Cacao Blend is an antioxidant-rich herb blend with Chaga Mushroom and Cacao to create a nutrient-dense version of the delicious classic comfort of hot cocoa. Mushrooms naturally support and balance the immune system, while Cacao and Maca support energy and stress resiliency. A hint of Cinnamon and Vanilla bring warmth and sweetness to this delicious, guilt-free chocolate blend.
A good friend of mine shared this recipe with me years ago. I absolutely love making this pie. You can be as creative as you want with this recipe. I have made a pumpkin, chai and mint chocolate version of this delicious recipe. It is very simple and no baking outside of the crust. It will quickly become one of your favorites! Just a simple reminder that food is medicine. What we put into our bodies is what we get out of them. Watch me live on KGW8 in February to learn how to make this pie first hand!
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 ½ cups Almond Flour for the crust
- 3 TBSP of Coconut Oil for crust
- 2 cups Raw Cashews, soaked
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup or Honey (to taste)
- 1 cup THS Hot Cacao Blend
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- 1-2 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
- 5-6 TBSP of Coconut Oil for Pie
To Make Your Own: THS Hot Cacao Chocolate Pie
- Soak your raw cashews for 2-3 hours. Rinse and drain before using.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- For the crust mix your almond flour and coconut oil together.
- Then press into a 9in pie pan on the bottom and the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 10 min or until slightly golden. Let it cool.
- Take your coconut milk and Hot Cacao blend in a sauce pan for about 10 minute.
- Take your cashews and all the other ingredients and add to your Vitamix, Ninja or food processor. Pour the Coconut milk/Hot Cacao blend into the grinder of choice.
- Blend up until completely smooth.
- Add all ingredients into the pie pan and then let refrigerate for a few hours until solid.
Learning to make your own herbal products is a fun evolution to bringing balance to your life. On your person and in your home. We understand that not everyone likes to make his or her own products.
We take great pleasure in creating products and recipes for you. However, if you are interested in going more in depth to make all your own herbal products, get signed up for THS Make Your Own: Herbal Product Series, Beginning on Feb 19 2020. In this 4 month, hands-on, program we will dive into making an assortment of products for your hair, skin, body and home. Space is limited. Secure your spot today!
Start your date-night (or self-love-night) off on February 14th with some fun, social energy and beautiful arts and products made in our community. Visit the Herb Shoppe artisan booth at the Oaks Amusement Park’s Valentine’s Day Artisan fair! We will be selling our tried and true love cordials, chakra oils, heart salves, In the Mood Bath Salts, massage oils, libido-enhancing herb blends and lots more love-you-up specials! Find us in the Dance Pavillion. Family friendly!
To set up an herbal consultation with me email: email@example.com