Stuck with a hard question? Not sure what direction to go next? Pondering your future? Sometimes these answers can be hard to find in the immediate context to our day-to-day lives. Lucky for us, we always have our higher selves to help with resolving the difficult questions in life. What is your higher self? It has been associated with in many forms. Connecting to your spirit or spirituality, whether it is God, Buddha or your own intuition. There is not a right or wrong answer to what the higher self is, but it is in all of us. I tend to believe that my high self is the voice in my head that yells the loudest, and sometimes on repeat, until I actually listen. Or more often than not, it's those hard lessons that we keep going, “Ohh this again!” Yes, I should have listened to that voice that said to go the opposite way. The good thing is our higher self is always there, even we didn’t listen the first time. So guess what? More often than not, you will hear the same message over and over again. When we actually take that path that our higher mind presents, the road tends to be a little smoother and the doors tends to open a little easier. So how do we connect with our higher selves? There are many methods to help you out. You may want to explore a few of these options to tap in:
- Meditation. It is always a great tool to connect. When we stop moving, we can focus on what is being provided to us. Group meditations are also a wonderful tool if you have a hard time sitting alone.
- Journaling. Another method is to write out your thoughts. Often times these thoughts that seem all jumbled in the head, find a purpose and direction.
- Intuition. Instead of allowing our minds to be in a state of panic, take a few deep breaths and listen to the loudest message. That is often our intuition, going, “Hey, over this way is a much better option for you to explore!”
- Yoga and light exercise, like hiking or walking. Spending time alone with our thoughts through exercise can help to clear space from the mind clutter and organize our thoughts. Being in Nature with these can also inspire clarity a bit quicker.
- Dreams. In our dreams we often have messages relayed to us. Take note and maybe even dive into some lucid dreaming techniques.